Testing Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

School - Public? Or Private?

Cruella_DeVille
    Cruella_DeVille

School - Public? Or Private? Empty School - Public? Or Private?

Post by Cruella_DeVille Wed May 14, 2008 9:31 pm

In terms of finding jobs, how important is your education background?

Given this situation:
    For example if A (public school graduate) and B (private school graduate) who have the same qualifications (academic & co-curriculum) attend a job interview, which will have a higher probability to be hired? Why or why not? Or it doesn't matter?
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:
    School - Public? Or Private? Left_bar_bleue51/100School - Public? Or Private? Empty_bar_bleue  (51/100)

School - Public? Or Private? Empty Re: School - Public? Or Private?

Post by lousykoi Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 am

hmmm...as for this matter, i think i will have to depends on the country...
    if it is my country, i will have to say private school graduants will get a higher chance. it goes like dat because of education standard. public (government) school offers a lower standard than private school...i think it's only happen in my hometown...not in the other towns...dats why private school is more famous than the public school...HAHA
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:
    School - Public? Or Private? Left_bar_bleue100/100School - Public? Or Private? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Post by GeneratoR Thu May 15, 2008 7:45 pm

If one of them have business BG will be hire cause nowadays Employer need Multi Task workers...
    sometimes a workers with business minded or good in public communication will survive longer in a company and easy to get promoted...
    cause that perosn know how to interact with others and know how to pursuade people to stand on his / her side..

I have a fren who is really good in inter-personal skill...He is Architect Graduate in USM but now he work as sales person in the begining and within half years he get promoted to Event Organizer Manager (Salary 4K++), he is only 24 years old...
    now still in Penang.
    But he said quite tired cause need to run around the whole West / Penisular Malaysia for exhibitions
    Actually he is consider my mentor during me junior and senior high school....
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:
    School - Public? Or Private? Left_bar_bleue51/100School - Public? Or Private? Empty_bar_bleue  (51/100)

Post by lousykoi Sat May 17, 2008 2:04 pm

hmmm....so nice!
    i know 1 guy who is more incredible..and he is my auntie's headquarter manager in one of the international bank...he is the same age with ur fren which is 24 years old and he owns a 600K house and a 2 series BMW...my GOD!!!!!!! wad a nice life he has..
    and u know wad??he is only a form5 graduant...HAHAHAHAH...salary???i think more than 10K...
    now he is working in Korea - KL...
    speedway911

Post by speedway911 Mon May 19, 2008 9:49 pm

In an interview, it doesn't matter where you comes from. What matters most is on how you "sell" yourself to your employer. The better your communication skill is and with some sort of displaying your specialties to them to ensure them that your skill will help them to enchance their business, there is a high probability you are in the top few recruits that they might consider.

However, your work experience do counts a lot in a job interview as well. They want to know whether you are the 9-5 type or those who can work over the limit for the sake of the company. 9-5 type are usually thrashed out.
    Cruella_DeVille
    Cruella_DeVille

Post by Cruella_DeVille Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:36 pm

You're right, communication skill is essential. But there's a forum on tv last time saying that private uni students have higher communication skills (in english) because they learn and communicate in english.. i don't know about public uni tho.. do they teach in Eng or BM?

Is working experience really important? Arghhh i have never worked before Mad.. planning to find one next summer break..
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:
    School - Public? Or Private? Left_bar_bleue100/100School - Public? Or Private? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Post by GeneratoR Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:37 am

Cruella_DeVille wrote:You're right, communication skill is essential. But there's a forum on tv last time saying that private uni students have higher communication skills (in english) because they learn and communicate in english.. i don't know about public uni tho.. do they teach in Eng or BM?

Is working experience really important? Arghhh i have never worked before Mad.. planning to find one next summer break..

GOOD!!!
    work with Adroit...
    i am sure you wil be enjoy work with them....
    ask pow and nia...
    LOL..z
    Cruella_DeVille
    Cruella_DeVille

Post by Cruella_DeVille Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:50 pm

GeneratoR wrote:GOOD!!!
    work with Adroit...
    i am sure you wil be enjoy work with them....
    ask pow and nia...
    LOL..z

weih weih... doing promotion ka? Razz

p/s: oh ya.. i just realized that there are 2 EDIT buttons on the interface.. -Quote- -Edit- -Edit- -View IP-

I think the 2nd edit is actually the Delete button

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:16 pm