Testing Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
GeneratoR
hot_at_fusion.jr
6 posters

[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project

hot_at_fusion.jr
    hot_at_fusion.jr

[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project

Post by hot_at_fusion.jr Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm planning to design a simple game using java that can be played by many people over the LAN network. The game would be some kind of arcade.
    This project would include network programming, game engine programming, gui programming, and also designing.
    For now, is there anyone interested at all?
    I would mainly need graphic designer and java programmer.
    People who wants to learn java are most welcome as well.

This is just-for-fun project, we can drop and start this project anytime we want to. Laughing

leave your name here if you're interested.
    Cheers. Wink
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:
    [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Left_bar_bleue100/100[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty Re: [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project

Post by GeneratoR Tue May 06, 2008 5:09 pm

If you dont mine i would like to join this project as graphics designer maybe, or noob java programmer...
    it is nice to see the words
    "This is just-for-fun project, we can drop and start this project anytime we want to. "
    ~Nia_VaL~

[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty Re: [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project

Post by ~Nia_VaL~ Wed May 07, 2008 3:43 am

I want to be the tester!!! cheers
    So dont forget to include me also...HAHAHA
    "testing is very important", Valliappan Raman said... geek
    hot_at_fusion.jr
    hot_at_fusion.jr

Post by hot_at_fusion.jr Wed May 07, 2008 11:36 am

Nia, u can't be a tester. u're so bad at testing. Laughing
    I'll list you to become graphic designer. I think we might need around 5 ppl to do this. In the mean time i'll try to look at how to do socket programming with java. Twisted Evil
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:
    [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Left_bar_bleue100/100[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Post by GeneratoR Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 am

hot_at_fusion.jr wrote:Nia, u can't be a tester. u're so bad at testing. Laughing
    I'll list you to become graphic designer. I think we might need around 5 ppl to do this. In the mean time i'll try to look at how to do socket programming with java. Twisted Evil

Get BISSAC (Biju Issac), I LVOE HIM very much Embarassed
    ~Nia_VaL~

Post by ~Nia_VaL~ Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 pm

kick u jr...huhuhu...
    why u said me bad in testing???hiks....
    i like to play game ba...HAHAHAHA
    if u want me to be a graphic designer, dont forget to give me the simplest drawing...HAHAHA
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:
    [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Left_bar_bleue51/100[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty_bar_bleue  (51/100)

Post by lousykoi Thu May 08, 2008 11:33 pm

hmmm....im interested in game designing
    count me in then...why dont we try flash-based game instead of the java-based arcade game...HAHAHA^^
    JAVA programmer will do the socket programming to let it run in LAN mode...FLASH programmer will do the flash programming..DESIGNER will do on the graphics...
    how bout it?? seems really interesting...

king
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by GeneratoR Fri May 09, 2008 1:09 am

The problem is how to interact the flash with network?
    i have play online flash game before and it is quite nice which the game in play with other player through internet and it is in flash base!!!!

www.wiwawa.com
    but this game require account registration...
    it might be irritating for those who always feel lazy to register account...
    LOL
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by GeneratoR Fri May 09, 2008 1:23 am

it is www.viwawa.com not www.wiwawa.com
    sorry for the spelling mistake..i have try to edit it but failed all the time...
    maybe the server is overwhilming
    hot_at_fusion.jr
    hot_at_fusion.jr

Post by hot_at_fusion.jr Fri May 09, 2008 10:17 am

Koi, the problem is that we'll never be able to link java and flash in any means..
    If we're going to use flash, then we must use flash all the way to the socket programming. If there is someone who knows how to do network programming in flash then we shall use flash then. Anyone?
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:
    [Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Left_bar_bleue51/100[Recruiting] Simple Network Game Project Empty_bar_bleue  (51/100)

Post by lousykoi Fri May 09, 2008 1:32 pm

hmm...really?
    but i think we can enable java code programming within flash just by embedding something...i'll try to find the link and post it for u guys to learn the socket programming in flash using Java..^^
    speedway911

Post by speedway911 Fri May 09, 2008 4:32 pm

lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by lousykoi Fri May 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Actionscript 1.0 also has a socket programming...but i forgot where did i see it...^^
    hot_at_fusion.jr
    hot_at_fusion.jr

Post by hot_at_fusion.jr Fri May 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Hmm.. scratch This is getting complicated..
    If any of you guys sure that we can easily link java coding scheme and flash action script, then we might just use flash as well.. But i just want to point out that the main purpose for this project is to create networking game.
    And by the way i'm still not sure when i'm going to carry out this project with all assignments just about to due and exam coming up. Laughing
    ~Nia_VaL~

Post by ~Nia_VaL~ Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 pm

hahaha...if u are not sure when u will carry out this project...then keep ur idea until we graduate...
    then we build a small company together and start with ur simple project plan...HAHAHA
    sunny
    speedway911

Post by speedway911 Sat May 10, 2008 7:47 pm

LOL! Good idea!

Well, I am not really sure about using AS 1.0 or AS 2.0 to link it with java code. But for AS 3.0, the scripting part is all based on Java, so yeah, it should work with Java socket programming as well.
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by lousykoi Sat May 10, 2008 10:33 pm

i think i saw it sumwhere...in a book or from a web..im not sure..^^
    the reason why i suggest flash is because i can help more in the project rather than just drawing...>.<..at least, multimedia students can do the animation, help to do the interactivity and programming as well...HAHAH
    and i think flash game can be a network game too..^^ (hope so)
    speedway911

Post by speedway911 Mon May 12, 2008 12:21 am

Flash game can be a network game, just check out some flash games out there.
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by lousykoi Tue May 13, 2008 11:47 am

Agree...HAHA
    or how bout we upload our IM assignment02 to be played by others??
    as the size is quite small..so it wont be a problem to upload it...but how 2 upload??
    i've tried to upload it in the gallery by it couldnot work..=.=""
    GeneratoR
    GeneratoR
    Administrator
    Administrator

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by GeneratoR Wed May 14, 2008 1:31 am

lousykoi wrote:Agree...HAHA
    or how bout we upload our IM assignment02 to be played by others??
    as the size is quite small..so it wont be a problem to upload it...but how 2 upload??
    i've tried to upload it in the gallery by it couldnot work..=.=""

OMG!!!
    My Java haven finished...
    IM Haven start yet....
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by lousykoi Wed May 14, 2008 2:57 pm

haha....my C++,SPPM, DBMS havent started yet...my IM haven finished yet..=.=""
    ~Nia_VaL~

Post by ~Nia_VaL~ Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 pm

generator...gambattee!!!

quickly finish ur java...n start ur IM...
    Koi has almost finished already...

my DBMS, SPPM...haiz...no hope!
    ~Nia_VaL~

Post by ~Nia_VaL~ Wed May 14, 2008 9:01 pm

eittssss...SPPM got a bright hope already...hahaha...
    we got koi that will help us to handle it...
    HAHAHA...
    but then DBMS...4000-5000 words...
    OMG... confused
    lousykoi
    lousykoi

Character sheet
    Score:

Post by lousykoi Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 am

bah....my IM still far from hope...
    my hidden BOSS haven drawn...still thinking bout the moves...my character's special...and other things as well..
    SPPM...=.=""dun really understand what to do..my GOD...very sucks in report...>.<
    ~Nia_VaL~

Post by ~Nia_VaL~ Thu May 15, 2008 10:36 am

*He means want to make his game harder...Actually he has done olredi...just need to do the last touch up...* albino

Not good in report?? Then who will be the best?? drunken

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:28 pm